Apple & Spice Winter Sangria
* recipe compliments of @remi_bites
- 1 Green apple
- 1 Red apple
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 2 Dashes Allspice
- 3-5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup ROOT 23 Cranberry Apple Spice Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1 Bottle of white wine
To garnish: more cranberries & apples
- Core and dice (keep skin on) the green and red apples into small pieces. Peel the ginger and cut into thin medallions.
- Put apples and ginger in the pitcher, pour apple cider vinegar, ROOT23 Cranberry Apple Spice simple syrup onto them and gently muddle the fruit for 30 seconds.
- Add all spice and brandy and muddle for another 15 seconds.
- Add fresh cranberries and white wine and stir until combined.
- Taste and adjust, add more syrup for extra sweetness, more vinegar for tartness (the vinegary smell might put you off but no worries, it will mellow as it sits in the fridge and only the beautiful appley tart flavor of the apple cider vinegar will remain)
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. To serve, add ice and a couple of cranberries, slice of apple (optional) in a glass and pour.
Choose a red apple that is crisp and sweet/tart. I chose the Lucy Rose Apple which has a beautiful cross section where the inside is pink with a white star in the center. Another good variety would be the Pink Lady.